CUPCAKE TESTERS WANTED!!!

"I'm on a diet. I only eat cupcakes on days that ends in a Y."


Saturday, August 13, 2011

Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes - Week2

I was craving strawberry short cake and I came across a delightful recipe for a light strawberries and cream frosting on   http://www.cupcakeproject.com  It is as delicious as she claims!  I made a cold oven pound cake in cupcake size and topped it with the strawberries and cream frosting.  It was a delicious summer treat! 
Cold Oven Pound Cake
(From http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Annie-Laurie%27s-Cold-Oven-Pound-Cake/7096/)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 C unsalted butter
  • 3 C sugar
  • 6 eggs (cold)
  • 3 C sifted cake flour (I used all-purpose flour since that was all I had on hand, and it worked well)
  • 1 C whole milk, VERY cold (I used Skim)
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 1 t almond extract
  1. Cream butter and sugar together.
  2. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
  3. Beat in flour, one cup at a time, alternating with milk.
  4. Add extracts.
  5. Beat on medium-high to high speed for two minutes, scraping down sides of bowl.
  6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
  7. Place on middle rack in a COLD oven and bake at 275 F for 1 hour
Strawberry Whipped Cream Recipe
  • 1 C heavy whipping cream
  • 1/3 C sugar (I doubled this amount and used confectioners sugar)
  • 4 T food processed strawberries (take some fresh strawberries, wash them, remove the stems, and throw them in the food processor until they become a thick, seedy liquid)
  1. Whip cream until it looks like whipped cream.
  2. Mix in sugar.
  3. Mix in strawberries until just combined.
  4. Be sure to frost your cupcakes before you eat all of the strawberry whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment